In an effort to flatten the Covid 19 pandemic curve our firm is:
- Requesting clients with respiratory problems, or other Corona virus symptoms, to connect with us by phone so we can advance their file safely
- Booking appointments at 9, 10 and 11 AM as well as 130, 230 and 3:30 PM (to promote self-isolation)
- Wiping touch areas before each appointment
- Making sanitizer available at reception and soap and water in washrooms
- Allowing clients to keep pens used for signature
- Suspending drop in visits
- Allowing the free flow of fresh air wherever possible
- Adopting remote work access (where necessary)
- Encouraging electronic communications
- Using a metal document drop-box
- Locking our inside door
- Using a 2 meter signing table and other physical distancing strategies
- Communicating our ongoing Covid 19 plan via phone, email, website, Facebook and sandwich board
- Calling our clients to provide information about representation agreements for health care.
We trust you find this in order and encourage you to call (250) 871-7977 if you have comments, questions or concerns.
Holland and Company staying put
Joining forces with Old House Law
Despite rumours to the contrary, the offices of Holland and Company are going to remain in business.
In the aftermath of the tragic death of Michael Holland and the imminent retirement of Chris Cameron, it seemed that the venerable and beloved law office might have reached the end of the road. Fortunately, due to a timely agreement with Old House Law, the office will continue at the same location with the same staff. The name will be preserved, in honour of Mike’s contributions to the community.
Lyle Carlstrom, a partner in Old House Law, will helm the organization. “Its great for all of us. Holland and Company’s office at 1779 Comox Avenue is less than a 5-minute walk from my home. The staff are all super excited to be able to continue with the jobs they love. Comox is retaining a very important anchor in the downtown business core. The clients are going to be able to continue to receive the same high level of service in a convenient location.”
“Mike was such an integral part of the Comox Valley and did so much, including his fight for Glacier View. We wanted to make sure that history was preserved. Carol Holland has set up an honour wall in the office reception area of a few pictures and documents that highlight Mike’s life and practice.”
Holland and Company provides estate planning and probate, corporate and land transfers. The existing staff of five will continue to assist Lyle Carlstrom. Chris Cameron is not taking on any new matters.
Holland and Company is located at 1779 Comox Avenue, down a breezeway that runs between the Blue Heron Bookstore and Harbourview Dental clinic. The office is wheelchair accessible from parking on Comox Avenue.